Enrollment Rates and Registration
Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn’t do
than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbor.
Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Mark Twain
We hope you will join us on our 2013 adventure in Abruzzo. Each summer we are amazed at the strong community that forms among our writers. In addition to participants with an eagerness to improve writing skills and re-awaken creativity, successful participants are typically:
- curious and eager to meet other like-minded travelers,
- flexible in new situations; adaptable to rustic surroundings,
- positive and appreciative,
- open to a culture different from home–new foods, landscape, customs,
- able to travel lightly and manage luggage unaided,
- sure-footed and agile (Santo Stefano has steep, rough stone pathways).
Please contact Kathryn with questions or concerns about any facet of the workshop.
Enrollment for the 2013 program is now open and accepted on a first-received basis. To provide an optimal experience for everyone, the workshop is limited to ten writers. The workshop usually fills quickly, so while early registration is highly recommended, there is no registration deadline.
$3,250 for participants paying from the U. S.
$3,350 for participants paying from outside the U. S.
Enrollment Rate includes:
- Private van transport from Rome to Santo Stefano di Sessanio and return,
- Five mornings of workshop instruction and materials; a personal consultation with the instructor.
- Six nights single occupancy accommodation at Sextantio Albergo Diffuso,
- Two meals daily—full breakfast and evening meal with wine,
- Afternoon activities and excursions with guide and translator; all entry fees.
Non-writing companions: Because much of the week involves social contact, our writers usually appreciate the opportunity for the solitude afforded by a single-occupancy room. However, it may be possible to accommodate companions who do not attend workshop sessions or receive instruction These companions would benefit from all other accommodations, meals, cultural excursions. Because the town itself offers no activities, it is critical that companions be independent travelers eager to hike, paint, or photograph, for example, during the morning workshop time period.
- Reserve your place in the workshop by filling out the Registration Form and making the non-refundable deposit of $700 via PayPal.
- The balance of the enrollment fee is due April 1, 2013. The balance may be paid by check.
- The deposit and subsequent balance of the workshop fee will be refunded only if Italy, in Other Words cancels the workshop.
Please wait to purchase non-refundable airline tickets until we confirm minimum enrollment (unless you are planning on travel to Italy whether or not the workshop takes place). At the latest, we will confirm the workshop enrollment by April 16, 2013. When enrollment is sufficient, we will inform you so that you can purchase your airline tickets. Once the workshop is confirmed and participant space remains available, enrollment is dependent on availability of hotel accommodations.
Although it’s not required, we strongly recommend that you purchase travel and trip cancellation insurance in case of illness or any other unanticipated circumstances.