Enrollment Rates and Registration
Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn’t do
than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbor.
Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Mark Twain
Photos: Linda Prospero
We hope you will join us on our 2014 adventure. Each summer we are gratified at the strong community that forms among our writers. In addition to participants who bring an eagerness to improve writing skills and re-awaken creativity, successful participants are typically:
- curious and eager to meet other like-minded travelers,
- flexible in new situations; adaptable to rustic surroundings,
- positive and appreciative, willing to ask questions and enter discussions,
- open to a culture different from home–new foods, landscape, customs,
- able to travel lightly and manage luggage unaided,
- sure-footed and agile (some of Santo Stefan’so rough stone pathways have steep inclines).
Please contact Kathryn if you have questions or concerns about any facet of the retreat.
Enrollment for the 2014 program is open and accepted on a first-received basis. To provide an optimal experience for everyone, the retreat is limited to ten writers. The program usually fills quickly, so early registration is highly recommended. Your non-refundable deposit guarantees your place.
$3, 400 for participants paying from the U. S.
$3, 500 for participants paying from outside the U. S.
See below for discounts on Enrollment Rates
Enrollment Rate includes:
- Private van transport from Rome to Santo Stefano di Sessanio and return,
- Five mornings of instruction, workshop and materials; at least one personal consultation with the instructor.
- Six nights single occupancy accommodation at Sextantio Albergo Diffuso,
- Two meals daily—full breakfast and evening meal with wine,
- Afternoon activities and excursions with guide and translator; all entry fees.
NOTE: Enrollment Rate does not include transportation to and from Rome.
Non-writing companions: Since much of the week involves social contact, our writers value the opportunity for the solitude afforded by a single-occupancy room; an important part of the program includes time to process the instructional experience. However, based on hotel accommodations and van transport capacity, it may be possible to accommodate companions who do not attend workshop sessions or receive instruction If there is room, these companions would benefit from all other accommodations, meals, cultural excursions. However, because the town itself offers no activities, it is critical that companions be independent travelers prepared to hike, paint, or photograph, for example, during the morning workshop time period.
- Registration Form: Reserve your place in the retreat by filling out the two-page Registration Form found here. This requires that you fill out the form, print it, sign it, scan it, and return it to Kathryn at firstname.lastname@example.org as an attachment. Alternatively, you may send it in the mail. Please email Kathryn for a mailing address.
- Non-Refundable Deposit: Make the non-refundable deposit of $700 via PayPal, below. (Deposits made before March 1, 2014, will earn a discount of $100.00 on the balance of the enrollment fee.)
- Balance of the enrollment fee: due April 14, 2014. The balance may be paid by a U. S. check for a $50.00 discount. Contact Kathryn for an address.
- The deposit and subsequent balance of the Enrollment Fee will be refunded only if Italy, in Other Words cancels the workshop.
- Buying Airfare: Please wait to purchase non-refundable airline tickets until we confirm minimum enrollment (unless you are planning on travel to Italy whether or not the retreat takes place).
- Retreat Confirmation Date: At the latest, we will confirm the program enrollment by April 15, 2014.
- Late Enrollment: Enrollment after April 15, if the maximum number of participants is not met, is dependent on availability of hotel accommodations. Please contact Kathryn before paying the deposit after April 15.
- Travel Insurance: Although it’s not required, we strongly recommend that you purchase travel and trip cancellation insurance in case of illness or any other unanticipated circumstances.
photo: Dayle Fergusson